For KE-chain to operate 'in the field', an 'on the go' a tablet computer such as an Apple iPad or Android tablet is optimal. In this article we aim to give you some tips on getting one that is the best.
General guidelines for purchasing a tablet:
- A recent tablet (iOS 2017 and 2018 models or Android 7 and later) work better as it has more computing power;
- A 4G mobile internet modem is important for having a connection on the go;
- We recommend a screensize of about 10" (24,5cm) for the best experience against portability;
- We recommend to purchase an extra ruggedised and waterproof protective case;
- With respect to diskspace there is no preference as KE-chain does not require a lot of diskspace on the tablet itself. 32 GB is plenty enough.
Apple iPad pro
Samsung Android Tablets eg:
A tablet computer is less powerfull than a PC or laptop, therefore you may experience longer loading times for larger KE-chain forms with a lot of data.
We recommend to use a rugged case to protect you tablet from water, dirt and shocks.
Our customers have good experience with rugged cases from the brand Otterbox
There is no content with the specified labels