Knowledge base van het KE-chain platform
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
These two actions can only be performed on Basic table or Paginated table widgets. These two widgets can be configured with the Upload or Download buttons in order to be able to export or import using Excel (for more information on how to configure a widget, please check this page).
Exporting to Excel
- Attachment properties are not downloaded. However, the link towards where they are stored in KE-chain is provided and can be easily accessed from Excel;
- Part, Activity and User reference properties are not clickable;
- Geographical information property values are also not clickable;
- Decimal separators or other visual options are not exported (decimal numbers are still decimal numbers, but the separator might differ based on your local settings);
Figure 1 - A simple table in KE-chain using different type of properties
Figure 2 - An Excel table exported from the KE-chain table above.
Importing from Excel
- Attachment properties;
- Weather information properties;
- Geographical information properties;
This means that if you try to import values for these type of properties, nothing will happen. The already existing values will remain unchanged and nothing will be added to newly created parts.
Figure 3 - Excel file used for the import. Green means new rows have been added, while yellow means some of the ones existing from the export have been edited.
Figure 4 - KE-chain table after import. The new rows have been inserted, while the ones already there have just been edited.
As can been observed, the "Rio de Janeiro" row has been eliminated from the Excel file. However, deletion is a sensitive process and is completely not supported through the Excel importer. The row containing "Delft" has been renamed to "Amsterdam". Unsupported properties, such as "Location" and "Coat of arms" have been left unchanged.
|Content by Label|